Friday, November 18, 2011

Disney World 2011

Scott had a conference he was going to in Orlando. I couldn't help myself but to jump on board and go with him. We had the best time on this trip. We were in the parks for 5 days so we were able to do so much more. While Scott was working Ivy and I were searching for the big rides. The faster, higher, and wetter you got the more Ivy liked it. She has nothing to do with seeing those characters except we did venture into Story Book Princesses where she had no choice but to get her pics taken with them. But the ones around the park she says those lines are too long and she wants to use her time riding the rides. So, that's what we did. Her favorites are Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Expedition Everest, Rapid River and Soaring. Reason being we're wearing the same attire.... well, it was hot and the clothes I brought were too warm. I had to wash clothes for us to wear again. Lots of pics are in this post, but I really felt like I didn't take many at all. Some are from my cell as I didn't carry around my big camera the whole trip. One great thing about this trip was the lines were so short. We were on and off and back on very quickly.




This is Ivy in our hotel elevator. She thought it was soooo cool that you could see out and that our room was the top floor (14th).




















Splash Mountain still continues to be Ivy's favorite ride of all. I think we rode this think about 10 times.



















When we were waiting in line for It's tough to be a bug, I heard this familiar tune. I realized it was Ivy singing "lookie lookie lookie, here comes cookie.....cook's pest control. I thought this was sooo funny and perfect timing too.

We loved this ride. Ivy especially. As I was scared she would some how fly out I had to keep my hand on her. She on the other hand had no fear and was yelling ''Oh Yeah" the whole ride. We rode it 3 times back to back for 2 days in a row.


I know this is a gross picture, but Ivy thought it was the absolute funniest thing.





This is a pic of Ivy before we went into Haunted Mansion. She loved this ride. Her favorite part was at the end where the ghost took off our heads in the mirror.



We returned back to Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas. We had a great time. The parade was awesome. It snowed on Main Street and we enjoyed hot cocoa and cookies in 80 degree weather.

















































































The last night we spent at Hollywood Studios. Definitely not a favorite. And no, we didn't ride Tower of Terror. I'm pretty sure Ivy would have loved to, but that's the one ride I said no to. So we just avoided it all together. But she did keep saying she wanted to ride that ride she keeps hearing people screaming. lol
























These last few pics were from our photopass. I hate that we didn't get a family pic taken. I refused to do one at the end of the night as we all looked thrown away.
























2 comments:

Lori said...

I forgot to ever look at our photopass photos. We rode all her faves except we never got around to the Haunted Mansion. Having 5 days in the park makes ALL the difference and this was a great week to go. We barely stood in line anywhere. I'm surprised we didn't run into you guys more. We did so many of the same things. We even ate at Rainforest Cafe:) But we stayed split up from the Fores and Bulgers a lot too. It's hard to stay together with 3 kids wanted to go in different directions:) So glad you guys had such a fun week!!

Christi said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm *thinking* about going at the end of March with Lesa. Send me some budget friendly pointers when you get a chance! Are 3 and under free?