Thursday, January 8, 2009

My opinion about traveling...

Many comments about our vacation. We had a GREAT time. I absolutely love to travel rather it a quick trip to the beach or the mountains; I feel it brings our family sooo much closer when we spend time together away from our busy work lives here in Andy. Not that Andy is not a good place to be, but secluding yourself away from anything that brings stress to your life and put all your energy into bonding with your family, I believe builds a stronger relationship among all those involved. I find it hard to fit time in to just sit and spend time with Scott. Just to sit and talk without interruptions is sooo nice. I believe all families should go somewhere ALL alone atleast twice a year. I think that is a MUST ON THE CALENDAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The other times bring along close friends.... I believe it makes those bonds stronger as well. I know money is tight amongst everyone, but DO IT anyways! You deserve it, and so does your growing family! Right now, my goals are to make to Gulf Shores for Spring Break, Disney World this summer, and I'd love to be able to take Ivy to Iowa to visit Scott's Dad. Scott and I went to Iowa and South Dakota to see Mount Rushmore and I loved it. For those needing lodging and if you don't know this site check it out. www.VRBO.com I love this site cause you can find great rentals by owners and can often negotiate the price. Good luck to you all and SCHEDULE A TRIP! When you get back post me lots of pictures. Have a great 2009 everyone!!

4 comments:

Lori said...

I'm with you. We LOVE traveling and we sacrifice other things to be able to do it! I get bored without vacations to look forward too!

Christi said...

I plan to do some traveling very soon actually. I believe I am going to meet a very dear friend in Prattville. Are we on for MLK weekend?

Julie said...

Our traveling this past year consisted of going to Gulf Shores and the beaches in Destin, etc. Now that I'm not pg and Sawyer will be older, we plan on making several TRAVELING trips. Jeremy and I traveled quite a bit before we had two boys-no excuse-but I'm looking forward to some family time for sure.

Lisa said...

I am with you totally! Zane and I love it and so does Lacey. Eventhough she is young she still remembers our vacations through the pictures and asks if we are going back. She thinks that Canada is just a few hours away and is always wanting to see the big water fall and the golden man! Now she is talking about "snowy mountain." Thanks for the great vacation. I think it turned out wonderful!