Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Holidays

Well, what a Christmas it has been. We kicked off our Christmas with our annual Christmas party. We were joined with wonderful friends and played a fun game of dirty santa. Scott's dad came into town so we spent time with him. Ivy received great gifts from everyone. After Christmas, we headed to the mountains. This year we went to North Carolina to Sugar Mountain for some skiing. The Johnson family along with Chad Brooks and Meghan Weant joined us. We did some skiing and I was sooo proud of myself... I picked it right back up from over more than 12 years ago. On the other hand, Scott needed more practice. It was a great time. I posted several picks from the last two weeks to share our holidays.















Granddaddy (Jamey, Scott's dad) and Ivy





It snowed!














My hubby and me




The girls.... sorry, i was in thermal... I had not changed from coming in from the slopes, I look rough I know!!







Hanging out at the cabin




Close up of Ivy and me







Santa came to see Ivy



Ivy's stocking



Scott reading The Night Before Christmas to Ivy.



The must have for Christmas.... I was sooo excited about this gift. Can not wait until next year to do it with Ivy.





Santa's Cookies




Lacey, Madison and Ivy at our annual Christmas Party






Ivy's Christmas party at Guardian Angel























5 comments:

Lisa said...

Great pictures! I can't wait to post mine too. Thank you for inviting us to go with you. We really enjoyed ourselves. Lacey and Ivy played so good together and I know they both had a great time too.

Lynn Castleberry said...

Looks like yall had a blast! Great pics! Santa was very good to Miss Ivy Rose. LOL!

Lori said...

We're trying to plan a trip to the mountains too. Do you guys go the same place every year? Ben has never been and I haven't been in years. We normally like beachy places but we did go to Boston a few years ago in the snow which was great!!

Looks like a really fun trip! Really cute pictures of Ivy. It's so great that she has friends her age to play with. All Jack's friends are either older or younger than him.

Glad you guys had a good Christmas!!

Lori said...

Yeah, I would love the info. email it to me at lnforeman@hotmail.com That would be great! Thanks so much! To answer your questions, we're don't know exactly where we're going but i think Carrie and Jason are thinking Gatlinburg b/c they go there a lot. So, we'll see, but give me your info. That would be helpful!

Carrie said...

Loved your pics! I am so glad y'all had a great Christmas! I have been wanting to go back to the mountains again, and honestly, your post just lit a fire! We are in the process of planning a trip. I love to travel anywhere, but there is truly a magical serenity in the mountains! Lori told me you have tips-she forwarded your e-mail. Thanks-can't wait to read it. By the way Ivy is really growing...