Saturday, August 1, 2009

busy busy busy............ equals a transformed kitchen!!!!!

Over the last week i've been transforming my kitchen because I absolutely could not afford an overhaul... With out the help of Lynn, Lisa and Scott I would definitely still be working. Much thanks to each of you!!! Because I saved so much money, Scott did allow me to get a new faucet. I am still in need of a kitchen table and chandeleir for the breakfast nook, which will come in next month's paycheck, and blinds for two of the windows which walmart nor marvins carried the size i needed. I have repainted every bit of this house except for the kitchen. 3 years later, I finally took on the job..I did get new flooring... thank goodness!! I had the skankiest (if that's even a word) floors known to man. I actually was embarrassed for people to come into my kitchen! Some exciting parts were one I saved about 900 getting tile look a like vinyl, I saved 250 on spray painting my pulls with a hammered look spray, 1000.00 painting it myself, and 1500 keeping the same counter tops I already had. Oh, if you're wondering why I took a pic of the 3 picture frames... well, those were another save. I went to burkes outlet and found those for 12.00 originally 25.00 at target. I plan to put them in the nook with 3 black and whites of ivy from my grayton post. Here are some pics I scanned in when we bought the house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Once again....It looks WONDERFUL!!! You did a GREAT JOB! I love the color!

Lynn Castleberry said...

Oh Tina it looks so good!!! I know you are so proud it is done. Madison's room was not half the work of that and I am ready for it to be done!! Great job!

Lori said...

What a transformation! Looks great.