Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gatlinburg Vacation

This past weekend we went to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. It was a great mini vacation that was much needed for our family. Our lives seem very busy the last few months, so we needed some rest and relaxation together with no phones or internet. All being said, I could not wait to post some pics on our blog and catch up with others on their lives. As we arrived we only saw Pigeon Forge (I was thinking this is the most "redneck place"), but it got better when we traveled through the mountains and got to play in the snow!! Gatlinburg was more of what I had pictured as a mountain town. This was Ivy's first time in the snow. She caught on to snowballs quick. I hope soon we can start traveling west and see the rockies for some ski trips. We took Ivy horse back riding. That was her highlight of the weekend. We ate lots of great food and cooked several meals at our cabin in Sevierville. Ivy enjoyed the huge bathtub. I was too scared to let her in the hot tub. The temps outside were in the teens and I was scared it was too drastic for her to get in the 105 degree tub. Overall, the trip was fun and I'm glad we were able to do something as a family.















9 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! Looks like lots of fun. I would love to take a vacation for Jack to get to see snow. I know he would be crazy over it!! Glad you guys had a good trip!

Lori said...

One more thing - I went to bodenusa and am probably going to get JBF some clothes from there for Christmas. Thanks for the tip. By the way, I'm all about a mohawk but I wouldn't be able to talk my husband into it~ I think it would be great though!

Julie said...

I was just telling Jeremy the other day how I couldn't wait to take the boys to the mountains. We spent a lot of "Kelley Family Time" in the mountains. The last time we went to Gatlinburg was when JP was 4 months old. Hopefully we'll make it up there next year when Sawyer is older!! :) That's a great family picture of the three of you!

Shonna said...

Looks like lots of fun!!! Jamey and I tossed around the idea for a while of going to the mountains this past week...I really don't know why we didn't, but I sure wish we would have now that I see the SNOW!!!

Christi said...

Hey, skinny-minney! I love the pictures of you with Ivy! She's getting so big!

Heather said...

Looks like lots of cold fun!!! I'm sure my kids would love the snow. Great pictures

Carrie said...

Hey Tina. Awesome page. Beautiful family. I am jealous. We went to the mountains last Christmas, and I wish we could go every year! It is the perfect get-away! As far as the weight loss. . . I LOVE IT! We just would set you up an appointment (you just pay your co-pay), and go from there. We offer customizable diet plans, and we offer two appetite suppressants ($25 or $35/month, depending on which you choose.) You can also get a shot weekly for some extra fat burning energy. Just call and ask for me, if you decide to do it. (222-3640)
Our program is different because we call and check in on you. We also e-mail tips, reminders, and recipes. Let me know. . .Tell Scott hello (Jason would love to get together with him to fish or something), and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Come visit us at Hopewell sometime. I look forward to catching up!

Sara said...

The pics are great! We love the Mountains. We took Emmy a couple of years ago during Thanksgiving and had a blast. I can't wait to go when JR is a little bigger. Glad you got a "mini vacation"!

Lynn Castleberry said...

Madison was looking at these with me and she said there's my friend Ivy. She now wants to go play in the snow! Great pics!