Sunday, June 28, 2009

VBS and Vacation Redo

Post redo because some of my pics were small and pixelated..

Here are a few pics of Ivy at Episcople church for VBS.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ivy at Hopewell VBS.
Photobucket
Last Saturday we headed to the beach for our vacation. We had originally planned to go to Disney World, but realized we would have just melted. We changed our destination to Grayton Beach. We stayed a block over from the Red Bar and walking distance to the beach and the lake. If you've not been to 30-A, you've got to do it. It's our absoulute favorite destination spot as far as beaches go. It's old and there are no condos, mainly houses or townhomes. The beach is not crowded and if you go to Grayton you have the lake which is an excellent spot for toddlers to frolic in. This trip was our first week long vacation. It was absolutely wonderful. We've gone to Gatlinburg, snow skiing and small trips to the beach. Each of those made me feel as if I needed a vacation from my vacation because we felt as if we were rushed to get here to see this; whereas, this week we stayed up late, slept late and woke up wondering what we were going to do for the day. On Father's Day we went to the beach and ate at the Red Bar. We were accompanied by our friend Chad Brooks and Meg Weant. Meg's mom owns an art gallery that is AWESOME, Big Mama's www.bigmamashulagirlgallery.com/ . On Monday, Lynn and Madison joined us for a couple days at the beach. Monday night we ate at Stinky's Fish Camp, which was just ok. Tuesday night Scott went to the local fish market and got sword fish and I made shrimp scampi. Lynn and I also got the girls on the beach and tried to get some pics as you will see later in this post. Wednesday we took Ivy to the Gulfarium. She loved it! I was not that thrilled as it was soooooo hot and crowded! On the way back we stopped at the Backporch for oysters and daquaries. Thursday and Friday was just relaxing on the beach and the pool. Friday night we went to Pandora's. Saturday morning we sadly had to pack our items and return home. Before leaving we ate at Another Broken Egg... oh my, it was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket







Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

6 comments:

Julie said...

I, too, L-O-V-E the 30-A area: Seaside, Seagrove, Grayton, Blue Mountain, Rosemary Beach are all so nice and makes for a relaxed atmosphere for sure--another reason why we're going back in a few weeks with the Kelley family. Glad that y'all spent some quality family time together and made special memories and great photos as well! :)

Lori said...

Fun, fun, fun!! I can't wait for a week long vacation!

Lynn Castleberry said...

Thank you so much for inviting us to tag along for a couple of days. We had a lot of fun hanging out with you guys and can't wait for our next trip; even it is just for the day. Those beach pics of the girls are really cute. I am contemplating whether to try and do a new post today. My computer has really gotten slow and will freeze up at any moment. I also LOVE the pic of you and Ivy on the stairs!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina!!

These pictures are so great. You could go into photography!

I sent you an email but I'm not 100% positive I have the right address so let me know if you don't get it.

/Mary

Lisa said...

Those turned out really good. I love the black and white pics too! Oh, and Another Broken Egg is delicious! It's one of our favorites too! I'm looking forward to taking the girls to the beach together! We will all have fun!

Carrie said...

That sounds SOOO wonderful! I am ready for a getaway myself! THos pics are beautiful, and so is your kid! I hope she had fun at Hopewell. I pray you guys are doing good! Tell Scott hey for me.